Monday, December 19, 2011

Tweak #05 - PasswordPilot

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Back with one of the small, nice and useful tweaks you can find in Cydia. PasswordPilot lets you type in your Apple ID password once, and you're done! No need to retype it everytime you go into the AppStore to download new apps or update the ones you already have. Go to your Settings app to access PasswordPilot.


Once you go into PasswordPilot you'll notice there is no toggles, options, or any kind of other settings. The only thing you need to do is type in your Apple ID once into this field:


After you exit, your password is safely encrypted and stored. Go to AppStore try download something or update, you'll see the normal password prompt:


BUT you don't have to type it in, PasswordPilot took care of it for you. Really helpful for those long phrases. One thing to keep in mind is if you let your kids play around on your iDevice, this might not be tweak for you. You don't want unwanted apps downloaded. I never give my phone to anyone, nobody touches it except me (occasionally girlfriend wants to play a game) and this tweak keeps me from constantly retyping my Apple ID password. Really helpful.


You can find PasswordPilot in the BigBoss repository for free. Created by FilippoBigga.


Newest update to PasswordPilot increased the security when the phrase is typed in and stored with a better encryption. Hope this one is as useful to you as it is to me. Follow me on Google+ and Twitter, don't forget to share my blog with your friends and if you're feeling generous you can donate that dollar towards a tweak I'd like to review inside out. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment